[lbo-talk] abortion poll

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 18:19:13 PST 2007

Jordan Hayes wrote:
> John Thornton says:
>

>> That makes it none of my business.
>>

> But:
>

>> We have to define human life as beginning somewhere.
>>

> "We" do?
>
> Wait, whose business is it if it's not yours, but "we" have to do
> something here?
>

>> A human life is one that is living physically separate from another.
>>

> You were right the first time: it's none of your business :-)
>
> /jordan
As a society "we" do indeed need to make such a determination. Is it illegal to kill a 35 year old? A 15 year old? A 2 month old? A -2 month old? Why do you not think the above is societies decision to make. If not collectively how will we decide?

It is none of my business WHY someone wants an abortion but it is societies business to determine where the arbitrarily placed cut-off is that separates abortion from murder. If such a determination is not made abortion on demand will always be more at risk as it is today.

John Thornton