[lbo-talk] Understanding _Capital_ (Was Re: barbaric)

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 10 01:31:29 PST 2007

Dmytri Kleiner wrote:

Mike B):
> Seems to me that history has shown that an exploitive class always emerges
from
> forms of minority ownership of commodities produced for sale, no matter the
> good or bad intentions of those minorities who become rulers.

DK: That is the opposite of every account of primitive accumulation I have ever heard, if you can either explain the logical basis for the transition from "minority ownership of commodities produced for sale" to becoming rulers with out employing force at any point along the way, or provide an example, that would be very much appreciated. *******************

Apologies, I forgot to include your observation above in my last response.

Anyway, I guess, we have been reading different history books. My understanding is that primitive accumulation has *always* been accompanied by force. That's the point. Political power is force; it is top down power. Political power grows out of the need to protect by force your ownership of your commodities so that others don't appropriate them by force. The governing structure of class society, the State, was born of this necessity.

Regards, Mike B)

http://happystiletto.blogspot.com/

Skype mike.ballard66

____________________________________________________________________________________ Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta. http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html