[lbo-talk] Democrats' Bill to Boost War Spending Has Something for Everyone

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 09:43:26 PDT 2007

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose my Islamists will have to hold the line on
> their own,
> fending off Washington, Tel Aviv, the Gulf states,
> and their
> Islamists, till such time as working people of the
> United States wake
> up, stop looking to the Democrats, and learn to
> employ the tried and
> true regime change method, which probably will never
> come. The
> Parties of God will have to defend their
> civilization and ours. --
> Yoshie

[WS:] Yoshie, can you tell me why I or for that mater anyone on this list should care for the Islamists? I understand compasion for fellow human beings and all that "bleeding heart" stuff - but that is awfully generic, and applies equally to everyone, from Wall Street bankers to starving African children.

While I would rather not use the phrase "cockroaches in a bottle," I do not have any affinity to the world to which you refer, so why should I care? Dennis Claxton argued that prison reform is good to society regardless of any compassion for the inmate crowd (which I have very little), and I found that somewhat convincing. So what is your reason why I shoud care for the Islamists regardless of compassion for this crowd, of which again I have very little?

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss an email again! Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/