[lbo-talk] sacco and vanzetti film announcement

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Mon Mar 12 16:30:16 PDT 2007

Here is an announcement from Peter Miller, who made this fine film. I met Peter in Santa Fe, and he is a great guy. He works for Ken Burns and does independent films on his own. He did the fillm on The Internationale. Michael Yates

SACCO AND VANZETTI A film by Peter Miller

Opening March 30 Quad Cinema 34 W. 13th St., New York filmmaker will be present Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings

Opening April 6 Laemmle Music Hall 3 9036 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills filmmaker will be present Friday and Saturday evenings

The untold story of Italian immigrants Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti - anarchists whose trial for murder divided the nation and stirred the conscience of the world. Featuring the voices of Tony Shalhoub and John Turturro reading Sacco and Vanzetti's powerful prison writings.

"A wonderful film, as timeless as the struggle for human justice, as relevant as today's headlines." - Ken Burns

"Finally we have a superb and thorough documentary that gives light to the facts and feelings about this most important example of the miscarriage of American justice. Bravo Peter Miller for doing it right. This documentary needs to be viewed by all students of American culture, and is especially relevant in the terror-driven atmosphere that surrounds all of us today." - Fred Gardaphe, Stony Brook University

“Miller makes his film soar by keeping our attention focused on the defendants. Sacco and Vanzetti make us proud to be human beings and prouder still to be radicals. They also force us to recommit ourselves to the struggle for human liberation. For if their agony was their triumph, it can and must be ours as well. SACCO AND VANZETTI is a must see.” - Michael D. Yates, MRzine. org

NYC show times and advance tickets available at http://quadcinema.com/ LA show times and advance tickets available at http://www.laemmle.com

for more information, visit www. willowpondfilms. com