[lbo-talk] tech advice, eX propeller beanie alert

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Mon Mar 12 18:32:16 PDT 2007

Hi,

Just built one for myself, but the cost depends on whether or not you want new parts, refurbished parts, or e-bay used parts. I used a combination of all of the above. Used motherboard cost me $23 with shipping from e-bay. Newegg is great for cheap new parts.

Normally somewhere between $200-$500 for a PC that runs Windows XP and Office 2003 in a reasonable way. 1.3 Mhz cpu, 1 gig RAM memory, 40 gig hard drive.

A great deal is refurbished computers from big online stores like TigerDirect.com or RefurbDepot.com.

Usually people build their own to achieve a specific configuration for a specific task such as graphic intensive work or gaming.

-Chip Berlet working with computers since 1968 building PCs since 1983

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of joanna Sent: Mon 3/12/2007 10:24 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] tech advice, eX propeller beanie alert

So, just curious: How much does it cost to put together your own new computer?

Joanna