[lbo-talk] Exes! (was Iranian underground....)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 07:25:06 PDT 2007

> I wouldn't argue that you have to be inside something to comment on
> it but I can't help but notice this exchange features two outsiders
> telling an insider that he's way wrong about something he knows well.

An ex-Muslim* who is an "insider" to Islam like Whittaker Chambers is an "insider" to Communism and ex-gay movements (cf. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-gay>) are "insiders" to homosexuality. :-> Really, there's nothing wrong with leaving one's religion or political party or even sexual orientation or whatever, provided you don't pursue a road like this "Faith Freedom International"'s, which looks like it's modelled on anticommunism and Exodus International: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exodus_International> and <http://www.exodus.to/content/view/165//>.

* The Net being what it is, who knows who "Ansar al-Zindiqi" is. For all you know, he may have been born with a perfectly Anglo name at a perfectly Anglo home, "converted" to Islam, and "converted" against it. :-> -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>