[lbo-talk] Comrades and Brothers in Egypt

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 08:19:36 PDT 2007

Yoshie, thanks for this, it made me feel a lot better about my relation to God:

"An Islamic guide to simple living

"Eat and drink, but not to excess" (Qur'an, 20:81)

Limit consumption. Try not to buy things you do not need and thing about the environmental impact of what you buy ...

Reuse and recycle. Even our waste items can do some good to someone. ...

Be Generous and Grateful. Instead of wasting money on surplus goods give it away as "sadaqah" (charity) to the poor. Thank God for what you ahve and remember, making sure you do not cause harm when using his gifts is showing gratefulness to God."