[lbo-talk] Comrades and Brothers: Islamists and Soicalists in Egypt

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Mar 15 09:09:16 PDT 2007

``We have Islam-theme d vodka -- the label is green!'' Chris Doss

-------

I judge all vodka by a single criterion. After a day in the freezer, are the contents of the bottle still liquid? After that test, I pour and drink. Did it evaporate in my mouth like high test rocket fuel? Well does it melt smoked salmon like so much engine grease?

If it passes these tests, then, okay. I'll drink it.

I have a deeply serious question about this Islamalic vodka. If after two small glasses, or about 4-6 ounces, am I ready to read The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, or perish the thought, the Qu'ran?

CG