[lbo-talk] Nandigram Massacre

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:49:43 PDT 2007

On 3/15/07, Dennis Redmond <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:
> Neoliberalism runs amok in India:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6448749.stm
>
> You can sign a protest petition here:
>
> http://www.petitiononline.com/nandigra/petition.html
>
> -- DRR

Interestingly, it was the CPM (Communist Party of India (Marxist)) government of West Bengal that ordered the massacre. The party is a coalition partner in the federal government where it routinely opposes any move towards what it calls "globalisation" and "liberalisation". As a matter of further interest the CPM draws its inspiration from the Chinese Communist Party, an outfit not known to be averse to massacres on an even grander scale.

-- My humanity is in feeling we are all voices of the same poverty. - Jorge Louis Borges