[lbo-talk] Key 9/11 suspect 'admits guilt'

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 15 08:17:23 PDT 2007

On Mar 15, 2007, at 10:57 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6452573.stm
>
> [WS:] What do others think about it? To me, it looks so frigging
> lame that
> I find it hard to believe that anyone with a half a brain in the US
> government would fabricate such crap. No wonder that the BBC put
> quotation
> marks around the phrase admits guilt. But then, one never knows. The
> arrogance cum stupidity is abound in the US ruling elite.

The NYT ran a box listing all the "attacks" he claimed credit for. The list was so long, I wondered if the Times ran it to discredit the story. But maybe that was just wishful thinking.

Doug

----

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/us/15glist.html>

In a statement to a military tribunal, Khalid Sheikh Muhammed took responsibility for 31 terror attacks or attempts, including the following:

1. The 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

2. The 9/11 attacks, from A to Z.

3. The shoe bomber operation to down two American planes.

4. A 2002 shooting in Kuwait that killed an American marine.

5. The Bali nightclub bombing that killed more than 180 in 2002.

6. Planning attacks against several prominent American skyscrapers.

7. Planning to destroy American military vessels and oil tankers.

8. Planning to bomb the Panama Canal.

9. Planning to assassinate several former American presidents, including President Carter.

10. Planning to bomb several New York landmarks, including the stock exchange and suspension bridges.

11. Planning to destroy several London landmarks, including Heathrow Airport and Big Ben.

12. Planning to destroy buildings in the Israeli city of Eilat, using planes leaving Saudi Arabia.

13. Planning to destroy Israeli and American embassies around the world.

14. Sending fighters into Israel to conduct surveillance on strategic targets.

15. Bombing a hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, frequented by Israeli travelers.

16. Launching a Russian surface-to-air missile at an El Al airliner leaving Mombasa.

17. Conducting surveillance on nuclear power plants in the United States.

18. Planning to hit NATO headquarters in Brussels.

19. Planning to bomb 12 American aircraft full of passengers.

20. An assassination attempt on President Clinton in the Philippines in 1994 or 1995.

21. Shared responsibility for an assassination attempt against Pope John Paul II in the Philippines.

22. Planning the assassination of President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan.

23. Attempting to destroy an American oil company in Sumatra owned by the Jewish former secretary of state, Henry Kissinger.