[lbo-talk] US upholds medical marijuana ban

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Thu Mar 15 10:25:25 PDT 2007

Dennis Perrin wrote:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6453239.stm
>>
>> What is wrong with this fucking country? Why are the
>> yank lawyers and related vermin so fucking obsessed
>> with drugs? Practicing SM on the public dime? Why
>> can't these ratfuckers relax a bit and take it easy?
>> If somebody says 'state rights' in this fucking snake
>> pit aka the US of A I will laugh in his face.
>>
>> Wojtek
>>

> As Bill Hicks once put it, any substance that helps you see through the
> bullshit and shows how you're getting fucked every day of your life is bound
> to be illegal. Plus, there's the luster of control by those who have power,
> but more importantly, the Drug War makes big money for the state and those
> in business with the state. It's all pretty rational, really. Fucked up, but
> rational.
>
> Dennis

I'm no drug prude, but c'mon, Dennis: marijuana "helps you see through the bullshit and shows how you're getting fucked"? Based on extensive personal experience (earlier in my misspent youth I lived with a guy who grew sensemilla in his basement), pot gives you the munchies, makes sex fun, and makes it hard to concentrate. I still have tapes of my band jamming when we were stoned out of our minds. At the time, we thought we rocked, but when we listened to the tape the next day we all realized we sucked. Yes, pot's fun, and as far as recreational drugs go, it's not very dangerous to your health, but it's not going to help you see through any bullshit.

Miles