[lbo-talk] Muslims and Vodka, was Re: Comrades and Brothers: Islamists and Soicalists in Egypt

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 10:55:19 PDT 2007

Islamic vodka? You mean -- coffee, the "wine of Islam"? Since alcohol is forbidden by the Qur'an and all. Catholics get to have all the fun in that department.

I think reading the Qur'an should probably be as essential as reading the Bible -- books I think should probably be read by everyone for cultural literacy purposes, even though I'm an atheist.

-B.

http://www.tatar.ru/index.php?DNSID=c755f0e70fc8c6c52952a81d0c53fc1d&node_id=152