[lbo-talk] Hill refines her posish on war

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 15:25:35 PDT 2007

> On Mar 16, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski
> wrote:
>
> > This whole Iraq debate is really a diversion
>
> You've got to be kidding. Thousands of Americans
> have died and many
> more been blown apart, and many times more Iraqis
> have suffered that
> fate. The war threatens to spread and throw the
> whole region into
> violent chaos. It's costing us a trillion dollars or
> more, and god
> only knows how much it's costing Iraqis. That's a
> bloody, expensive
> "diversion."

[WS:] All that is true, but there is nothing that can be done about it - the damage has already been done. The Iraqis will be dying with our without US troops there. The money has alreay been wasted and gone with the wind. Hailburton has already made like a bandit. The only issue that is being decided now is whether to keep the mercenariss there, which will expose them to enemy fire, or bring most of them home - which will reduce that exposure.

Let's just be honest about it - there is little than can NOW be done about Iraq. The US fucked up, period and ther is not much it can do about it now. The only reason why Iraq is so high on Dem agenda is because the polls show that people are pissed about it, and that offers an easy ride for the Democrats without them having to take stance on domestic issues, which would expose them to the risk of pissing off their corporate sponsors.

I understand that admitting impotence comes hard to most US-ers - but but let's face the reality.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Don't pick lemons. See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos. http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html