[lbo-talk] right has a crush on Obama

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 17:00:26 PDT 2007

This is odd considering Roger Ailes's (FOX News head) predictable joke that made use of the similarity between Obama's name and Osama's. (Osama bin Laden, that is.) Personally, I haven't heard much love for Obama coming from anywhere on the right, but maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff and listening to the wrong people.

On the other hand, McCain's new comment (using the term "tar baby" -- which Romney also used a little while ago: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070316/ap_on_el_pr/on_the2008_trail;_ylt=AuXpsWUi5hazAyimgoIPTbcXr7sF ) on top of his earlier "gook" stuff, isn't so great -- and conservatives are still hand wringing that none of these people are their guy? They're really Jonesing for a new Reagan, it feels like.

-B.