[lbo-talk] Zizek: "Where to look for revolutionary potential?"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 17 08:29:43 PDT 2007

On Mar 17, 2007, at 12:53 AM, joanna wrote:

>> Where is a revolutionary potential in the North, however?
>>

> In the prisons?

Man, is that ever hopeless Maoism. Someone once told me the story of walking around NYC with a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party. They passed a drunk comatose in the gutter, and the RCPers said, "There's your revolutionary vanugard!" If 2 million people behind bars and several hundred thousand homeless urban alcoholics are the revolutionary core, we're going to have Bushes and Clintons forever.

Doug