[lbo-talk] Sipping Wine (was Zizek: "Where to look for revolutionary potential?" )

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 21:59:52 PDT 2007

Yeah, I know the basis of Taras Bulba. And Khmelniki, whosoever liberation of whoever he may or may not have promoted, it was so far from including the Jews that his ghost haunted by grandmother's memory. His pogroms were awesomely awful even by the standards of the times, really worthy of the Einsatzgruppen, though without the technological efficiency. The Ukrainians can have him as a national hero. It helps explain why my Jewish friends fled Kiev and Odessa even to the present day.