[lbo-talk] Hitch celebrates the war anniversary

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Mar 19 14:06:19 PDT 2007

<http://gawker.com/news/christopher-hitchens/christopher-hitchens- wasnt-not-the-opposite-of-incorrect-about-iraq-245326.php>

Christopher Hitchens Wasn't Not The Opposite Of Incorrect About Iraq

<quote> So, you seriously mean to say that we would not be living in a better or safer world if the coalition forces had turned around and sailed or flown home in the spring of 2003?

That's exactly what I mean to say. </quote>

It takes a couple of reads to understand exactly what it is he means to say, but the last line from Christoper "Laff Riot" Hitchens' defense of his agitation for the invasion of Iraq - which has turned out so well - eventually makes itself clear: "I may not have been right, but I wasn't wrong." Thanks, Chris. Maybe you can bring your A- game along the next time you meet some of our female troops: they could use a good chuckle. And, you know, they're gagging for it.

So, Mr. Hitchens, Weren't You Wrong About Iraq? [Slate] <http:// www.slate.com/id/2162157/>