[lbo-talk] I Cried You Didn't Listen

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Mar 19 14:31:36 PDT 2007

``That is terrible. And what is being done...'' Woj

--------

Not one fucking thing, period. I was twelve 52 years ago. And nothing has changed, except, it has gotten worse and worse and worse. And more and more kids are ending up in these prisons. Either there was no place else to put them at the time the cops picked them up, because social services, foster care, the schools, or whatever institution called the cops for whatever reasons.

What you don't understand is that jail is the entire social service system default holding location for everybody. If the cops don't know what to do with you, they take you to jail and let the court figure it out---if and when the motherfucking piece of shit court system gets around to it.

Meanwhile your ass is in jail and will, absolutely will stay there, period.

I now think, I was headed for juvenal hall which is the temporary holding facility for the CYA system, exactly because the cops had no place else at 2:00am in the morning to put me. What else could they do with me? The only other alternative would have been to take me to their local station and put me in their holding cells, i.e. the drunk tank.

This happens hundreds of times a day all over the country. What is especially outrageous is when an adult is badly injured or is sick and taken to the hospital ER. If they have children and they are the only legal guardian, the kids are going into the CYA system while social services, foster care, family court and whoever else processes them.

CG