[lbo-talk] I Cried You Didn't Listen

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Mar 20 09:09:28 PDT 2007

Michael Smith:

On Monday 19 March 2007 21:44, joanna wrote:
> Charles A. Grimes wrote:
> >So, that's how you can end up in jail as a kid. The social service
> >system in the US is essentially an extention of the courts,
> >corrections, and other state police functions. If not on the books,
> >then as a practical matter on the street.
>
> Yes, Chuck is right.

And he might accurately have said as much about the schools.

[WS:] I guess if thinking that makes you feel good, so be it. Anyone who expresses such ideas cannot be convinced otherwise by mere facts, just like anyone who believes in god cannot be convinced by mere facts that it does not exist.

Some people need blaming "the system," or others, in order to function.
>From that standpoint, this whole "radical critique," or "deconstruction," is
nothing more than poor man's psychotherapy, something that everyone can do without shelling $150 per session. Fortunately, I can afford real therapy, thanks for the most part to my capitalist health insurance plan, so I have little use for this kind of discourse.

Wojtek