[lbo-talk] Merle Haggard kinda likes Hillary

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 21 06:13:06 PDT 2007

New York Post [Page Six] - March 21, 2007

Hold The Mud

COUNTRY music legend Merle Haggard may be courting controversy for supporting Hillary Clinton with his song "Hillary." But he's not ready to commit to voting for her. "I don't know. It depends on if she holds her mud between now and the time to vote," Haggard told The Post's Billy Heller before pulling into town for tomorrow's Radio City "Last of the Breed" show with Willie Nelson and Ray Price. Pressed to translate, he laughed, "Lemme put it another way: If she don't screw up." But Haggard added, "I gotta stay neutral. You don't wanna piss off half your audience just because you like somebody."