[lbo-talk] BBC2 documentary on capitalism, game theory, greed, altruism

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 06:43:02 PDT 2007

Sean Andrews:

Still it is a good documentary and the overall argument--that the dominant US/UK definition of "freedom" is narrow and dehumanizing--is definitely a worthy critique, even if it is a bit more Hegelian than some might like.

[...]

Inevitable criticisms of style, content and muddling of casual chains aside, I'm an enthusiastic fan of Curtis' work which I see as an unusual and ambitious attempt to explain the ideologies that shaped the 20th century and which continue to push the 21st we know not where.

.d.

"I've come to hate my own creation. Now I know how God feels."

Homer Simpson

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/