[lbo-talk] Israel Responsible for over One Billion Dollars in Damage to East Jerusalem Palestinians

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Thu Mar 22 04:05:27 PDT 2007

News from Within: Palestine/Israel Podcast - Israel Responsible for over One Billion Dollars in Damage to East Jerusalem Palestinians

In a press conference, held on 14 March 2007, Shir Hever, economist and researcher for the Alternative Information Center (AIC), presented findings from his recently published Economy of the Occupation bulletin titled "The Separation Wall in East Jerusalem-Economic Consequences." He discussed the damage that the Wall has and continues to produce for the population of East Jerusalem, and how this impacts the future prospects for achieving a just peace for both the Palestinians and Israelis.

To hear (or download) the lecture by Shir Hever, click here: http://www.alternativenews.org/podcasts/podcasts/news-from-within-podcast-israeli-responsibility-for-damage-to-population-of-east-jerusalem-20070321.html

(We recently acquired some nice new audio equipment, so the audio quality is much better on this, and future of our podcasts)

btw...sorry if the website is acting slow or the streaming of the audio is an issue, we have been getting higher traffic lately (Google News began aggregating articles and such) and we still have the webserver in our office with not so high bandwidth... (So the best solution is downloading the file or subscribe rss to the podcast so you don't have the issues with streaming)...anyway...we really need to find a solution either to move our server to a 'server farm' with more bandwidth (we had an agreement with a Israeli provider, but they went back on their contract because changed policies and now don't want a tower server but instead that we spend lots of money buying a pizza server...) or to have the website hosted in Europe or the US or something...

If anyone knows of a good, reliable host for the website with decent bandwidth possibilities for streaming and such, I would be happy to know.