[lbo-talk] Spiegel interviews Sharpton

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 07:56:41 PDT 2007

Wojtek:

This is precisely the reason I am inclined to vote for Obama. Had he been what Sharpton calls "our kind," what I presume means "Black populist," I would definitely NOT vote for him and I would be in a significant majority for a change.

What if by "our kind" Sharpton does NOT mean "Black populist" but 'candidate not supportive of unprovoked wars' or 'candidate who won't further dismantle useful government infrastructure.'

Would Sharpton's statement then seem so outlandish or Obama so attractive (presuming Senator Obama is, as the evidence suggests, a fellow who'd have little problem with unprovoked wars...to cite an example of not "our kind" ness).

.d.