[lbo-talk] Naomi Klein on Conrad Black

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 12:57:44 PDT 2007

But do we loathe other country's elites?

Interestingly, the Black trial is largely being neglected by the Chicago media in favor of sexier (for a local audience) scandals, such as the tightening ring that Fitzgerald the mediocre (this review has occasioned some bitter mirth among his likely targets locally) around Da Mare. Sanchez, the former head of the Hispanic Dem Party Committee and a Daley hatchetman was just indicted.

Reminds me the old days in NYC, almost 30 years ago, when then-US Atty Rudy G decided to pass up personally trying the first major RICO case against the Five Families (he gave the job to a then fairly green and unknown ASUA named Michael Chertoff) to take the first chair in another RICO case involving the parking meter scandal, a matter of considerable local importance. (Yes, yes, I know you New Yorkers think that "New York" and "local" are incompatible terms. So, it seems, did Rudy G.)

Black's current trophy wife is really cute. One of my colleagues says, "Seen one trophy wife, you've seen 'em all."