[lbo-talk] David Ehrenstein on Obama

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 13:38:17 PDT 2007

Well, Obama _does_ lack the courage of his antiwar convictions, which appeal to be genuine but too weak to overcome his ambition. For the rest of the people you blame, they are not being offered any candidates who are wholeheartedly against the war at this point, and maybe won't be. Oh, yes, I suppose they _could_ vote Green, if the Greens are on the ballot in their state, or SP or SWP or even for Nader if he runs as an independent. (_That_ worked out _so_ well in 2000! And I speak as someone who did it.) Gutless of them not to do it. Yoshie, I often think, reading you and Woj an the cluelessness of the populace, of Brecht's bitter little poem about the DDR regime which (bb said), lacking confidence in the people, dissolved it and elected a new one.