[lbo-talk] Mel Gibson cusses out Univ Prof. at movie screening, has her removed from crowd

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 22:18:26 PDT 2007

Gibson, woman trade words at screening

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer 1 hour, 55 minutes ago

Mel Gibson exchanged angry words with a university professor who challenged the accuracy of his film "Apocalypto" at an on-campus screening.

Gibson was answering questions from the crowd at California State University, Northridge, Thursday night when Alicia Estrada, an assistant professor of Central American studies, accused the actor-director of misrepresenting the Mayan culture in the movie.

Gibson directed an expletive at the woman, who was removed from the crowd.

"In no way was my question aggressive in the way that he responded to it," Estrada said. "These are questions that my peers, my colleagues, ask me every time I make a presentation. These are questions I pose to my students in the classroom."

[...]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070324/ap_on_en_mo/mel_gibson