[lbo-talk] DK brouhaha

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 08:05:15 PDT 2007

You're a lot more emotionally involved in this than I am.

My point is that he seems to think that he can (or used to) produce gratuitously offensive material involving, e.g., the murder of children, but gets really huffy when somebody else does it. Isn't there a rape scene in "Police Truck"? Why yes there is.

(The Green Party politics bit does tie into my comment about the transformation of punks into hippies, though.)

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote: How? He doesnt want a song he wrote used in a blockbuster, big-budget movie during a rape scene. I sympathize with that. I might not want a song I wrote when I was 18 used in a Quentin Tarantino rape scene, either, esp. if my politics had developed somewhat in the 28 years since I wrote it.

Is he hypocritical because he claims about women? Well, is it possible he really does care? Ex-Kennedys say he should put his money where his mouth his and do free charity work for battered women (are they doing that?), but my understanding is that a lot of his work over the past 15 or so years has been giving speeches, including as a Green Party Pres. candidate, where he'ss come out in support of equalitarian policies for women in crowds of thousand. That not good enough for the ex-DKs whos ays he's a hypcorite?

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!

____________________________________________________________________________________ TV dinner still cooling? Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/