[lbo-talk] 15% of the Population, 2 Hours per Weekend

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 05:19:53 PDT 2007

> >I don't think this is Yoshie's point, but there is another way to go
> >about it, which is to terminate this ressentiment toward religion, and
> >try to engage with the religious rather than writing them off.

Rosa Luxemburg said that the problem with reformism wasn't that it was a different road to the same path, but that it was a different road to a different path. That's what I think about religious sentiments. Engagement might lead you towards salvation and the kingdom of heaven, if that is what you want, but it is unlikely to lead the religious to revolution, or to make God's Kingdom on Earth.