[lbo-talk] 15% of the Population, 2 Hours per Weekend (was Development of Political Underdevelopment)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 10:54:58 PDT 2007

Hmm, maybe you better think this through again Doug. If you want a left pedigree, Gramsci based his idea of a hegemonic party that provides for the range of psychological and social needs of its members on the Catholic Church. I think churches, synagogue, etc. work because they _are_ the heart of a heartless world, the soul of soulless conditions. A mere interest group is not going to be effective that way. You don't necessarily have to swallow a gallon of supernatural Kool-Aid to think about building institutions that can do for ordinary people what churches do for them.