[lbo-talk] Chuck Hagel uses the I-word

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Mar 25 18:12:25 PDT 2007

I am surprised nobody has commented on this:

"GOP Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and a frequent critic of the war, stopped short of calling for Bush's impeachment. But he made clear that some lawmakers viewed that as an option should Bush choose to push ahead despite public

sentiment against the war.

"Any president who says, I don't care, or I will not respond to what the

people of this country are saying about Iraq or anything else, or I don't

care what the Congress does, I am going to proceed if a president really

believes that, then there are what I was pointing out, there are ways to

deal with that," said Hagel, who is considering a 2008 presidential run."

(http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2980019).