[lbo-talk] Denunciatory diatribes

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 26 11:02:59 PDT 2007

> Such denunciatory diatribes have generally an
opposite effect on me - being exposed to them I tend to identify with the denounced practice or institution more than I ordinarily would, and I am less sympathetic toward the proposed 'alternative' than I ordinarily would be. I wonder if others have similar reactions, and if so, if denunciatory diatribe is really a clever marketing ploy to sell the mainstream practices and institutions.

I have heard denunciatory diatribes against heterosexism (even given a few myself) and they never made me want to identify with heterosexism in the least.

A good diatribe can be quite theatrical and fabulous.

YMMV.

Brian