[lbo-talk] 15% of the Population, 2 Hours per Weekend (was Development of Political Underdevelopment)

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Mon Mar 26 13:57:12 PDT 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:
>> So they are all unemployed?
>>
>> Chuck
>>

> Some of the time. And much of the rest of the time they are underemployed.

DC's got it: 50-70% of the faculty in most colleges and universities are nontenured, part-time instructors who serve at the will of the college. No job security, no benefits, typically 1/3 the pay of tenured faculty teaching the same course. (Can you tell I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from my years as an adjunct faculty member?)

Miles