[lbo-talk] 15% of the Population, 2 Hours per Weekend (was Development of Political Underdevelopment)

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Mon Mar 26 15:50:50 PDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 06:21:27PM -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:

> So yeah, there are some shitty academic jobs, but it pays a lot
> better than teaching kindergarten, like my sister-in-law, who's
> pretty strapped considering what important work that is.

No offense to your sister-in-law intended, but important how? More important than ???, less than ??? In kindergarten I learned the skill of coloring within the lines. Beyond that not much else, other than becomed socialized to the fact that when I chose to eat, sleep, drink, or use the restroom would be at the whim of some random authority figure.

Kindergarten teachers still make more than the median US income, no?

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

We cannot separate the air that chokes from the air upon which wings beat.

-John Perry Barlow