[lbo-talk] Liza Featherstone on the anti-vaccination crowd

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Mar 27 01:20:42 PDT 2007

On 3/27/07, Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at aapt.net.au> wrote:

> This errant space probably caused your application to insert a line
> break at that spot. Of course a space in the middle of the url also
> renders it useless.
>
> So it was a bug in the url, Doug's fault. ;-)

Awhile back on this list, Ravi explained the problem; as I recall, it comes about because Doug's Mac uses different newline character than the PC/Unix world. If an URL is long, it gets wrapped by his mailer and on our systems that newline char appears as a space.

All Doug's line-wrapped URLs look this way, but I don't consider it a problem; I just copy and past the URL into a new browser tab and fix it there.

In any case, Liza's article is excellent. There was a rather alarming article on the mercury-Autism connection in In These Times awhile back, and I was interested to see that it hasn't been proven conclusively.

A few years ago, I had a hepatitis-B vaccine before going to South America; certainly better than getting my liver screwed up. ;)

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam