[lbo-talk] 15% of the Population, 2 Hours per Weekend (was Development of Political Underdevelopment)

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 27 04:26:25 PDT 2007

On 3/27/07, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ph.D's are generally regarded as totally overqualified
> in most avenues of life, treated with suspicion,
> regarded as foolish and impractical people who spent
> years on nonsense no sensible person would care about,
> and resented as smarty pants know-it-alls.

Weird, I hear that exact bias about compsci PHDs in the software dev world. Vague things from CEOs like, "They've been in college too long." Not like a big minus or anything, but a... "suspicion" is a good word.

I get the impression it's too intuitive for many of them to convincingly articulate.

Tayssir