[lbo-talk] Andy Stern: dupe of Leslie Dach?

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:55:06 PDT 2007

On 3/27/07, Jim Straub <rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com> wrote:
> So what is to be done, man?
> Embrace the iranian regime?

When it comes to the Middle East, yes, till such time as the Iranians establish a better government than what they have now, or else there will be no entity left to defend Iran or rebuild Iraq. Leftists in the North can't and won't defend Iran or rebuild Iraq.

On 3/27/07, Jim Straub <rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stern thinks the left cannot win a pot to piss in. So tell me about the pot
> and who's won one.
On 3/27/07, Jim Straub <rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com> wrote:
> As you say, it is easy to win mass support for single payer,
> so tell me about the mass organization of millions and
> which state it is going to start by winning single payer in.
<snip>
> But there is a lot that is simply not the left, and much that is
> simply vile. But you know what? The left cannot win anything. Thats the
> ugly truth stern and co. are working around.

The truth is that, while a majority of Americans support the idea of single-payer health care in the abstract, they are not motivated enough to build a mass movement for it, at least for now, nor are leftists capable of getting together any time soon to start organizing such a thing or anything else for that matter. -- Yoshie