[lbo-talk] weird weather

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Mar 28 13:21:57 PDT 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:
> Is the weather weird all over?

Yes. There is no reason why I should be getting out the mower today. It's still March!

The tulips have started blooming here, which I think is around 3 weeks earlier than average. Usually the tulips peak in late April, right before my birthday.

I've got lettuce, spinach and green onions coming up in the garden. This week I'm going to finish preparing the rest of the garden. I still want to wait another month to plant plants that we buy from the nurseries. We can still get a frost here in KC in April.

What really freaks me out is the unnatural shade of green that many lawns in the burbs have right now. Lawns usually green up in the Spring, but these lawns obviously have received Frankenstein amounts of herbicides and fertilizers.

Chuck