[lbo-talk] Shortest and Warmest Winter in 126 Years in Russia

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Mar 29 10:41:32 PDT 2007

Joanna:

The problem with global warming is that fashion conscious women with good taste won't be able to wear their furs.

Barf.

[WS:] Some time ago I had a conversation with a friend who could not understand why the Bolsheviks shot the tsar and his family after they deposed and imprisoned him. I replied with a question, why did they guillotine Louis XVI when he tried to flee the country?

I think that people like Rosa Kamenev shed some additional light on this issue - the casual nonchalance of the rich in the face of the misery of many makes the guillotine or "Comrade Mauser" look like a very much needed and effective reality check, indeed.

Wojtek