[lbo-talk] Play God...

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:48:24 PDT 2007

On 3/29/07, Mike Ballard <swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Just think of it--you as God.
>
> http://www.jraxis.com/atheism/simulator/

Have I mentioned that, in my Persian class, there's a young person who is half Afghan and half Kashmiri, and he looks just like my idea of angel? He's appropriately named رضوان (variously transliterated as Ridwan, Rizwan, Rezwan, Rezvan, etc.), the angel in charge of guarding جنّة (Jannah, Paradise), so I hardly need play God and make my own angels. :->

"Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: In Paradise there is a street to which they would come every Friday. The north wind will blow and would scatter fragrance on their faces and on their clothes and would add to their beauty and loveliness, and then they would go back to their family after having an added lustre to their beauty and loveliness, and their family would say to them: By Allah, you have been increased in beauty and loveliness after leaving us, and they would say: By Allah, you have also increased in beauty and loveliness after us." -- Sahih Muslim, Kitab Al-Jannat wa Sifat Na'imiha wa Ahliha, Book 40, Number 6792 -- Yoshie