[lbo-talk] Narmada Dam (was Arundhati Roy etc.)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Mar 30 11:32:15 PDT 2007

Doug:

It's not up to me, you, or the World Bank, is it? Shouldn't the people themselves be consulted?

[WS:] Do you really think that many people would give up their own short term interest for the long-term public benefit?

I do not see many Americans giving up their gas guzzlers and McMansions. So what makes you think that people elsewhere would give up the life style that they know and are used to for some public benefits in the future?

Wojtek