[lbo-talk] Brits' shit fit over seized sailors misfires

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Mar 30 15:40:30 PDT 2007

> I don't read French or GPS. What does the photo tell us exactly?

It's puportedly a photo of a GPS receiver with the about-to-be-boarded vessel below that shows the location (+/- ~45 feet). This is the normal thing this kind of unit does when carrying out interdiction: take a picture of the thing and the place. it's kind of like how lots of cop cars have cameras mounted on the dash.

If the group of sailors that got snatched were some special forces unit, I'd be more sympathetic, or if the ship was something military rather than a suspected smuggler (read: 99% chance it's just a tanker getting hassled, but still).

Can these things be faked? Of course. Would it be worth it in this case?

I don't believe so.

But enough about me: what's Yoshie's source that Iran is "almost certainly right" about this? I think this photo is damning, but I'm not willing to say that I know exactly what happened here -- fog of war, and all that.

I'm curious how Yoshie knows. Did her Persian Prince send her a text message to her vibrophone? :-)

/jordan