[lbo-talk] How to explain things to (right-wing) libertarians

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 14:40:04 PDT 2007

To remedy your ignorance of the speach of ordinary people, may I recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Slang-Dictionary-Richard-Spears/dp/0071461086

This one's on-line:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Reference/Dictionaries/Slang/

Then there;s this, only A-G:

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0003-1283(199621)71%3A1%3C103%3AMNWOAS%3E2.0.CO%3B2-J

Since you live in New York you might find this one useful:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Joys-Yiddish-Completely-Updated/dp/0609607855/ref=sid_dp_dp/103-3299509-6438269

"Flies" refers to "agreements" not to the parties with whom you agree, but you can say what you like. With your attitude you will be dismissed as an annoying crank.

https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5f&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=743