[lbo-talk] how we celebrate May Day in the US

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 1 16:04:44 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> When I visited several years ago, there was no trace of the riot save
> for a Haymarket Condo down the street.

Thirty-seven years ago in the Bloomington PD there was a display window of various mementos. One was a riot club passed down from a police participant in the Riot to his grandson who had become a member of the Bloomington PD. I made a fuss at the time to a couple people on the McLean County Trades & Labor Council but whether they did anything about it or not I don't know. Never been back there.

Carrol

P.S. Some Weather people did blow up the statue once, but I think it has been rebuilt.