[lbo-talk] Rudy: he's nuts

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 2 13:30:46 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Did you read the piece? You might get a better idea of the DSM
> category if you did.

O.K. I've read it. And my original point remains, strengthened. If he is mentally ill, and the writer _wants_ to get that across to a bunch of readers, then the writer is really, really stupid to use all that slang. The article doesn't suggest any particular DSM category to me.

Carrol

P.S. The terms don't bother me, but I have known people in the local depressive support group who could seriously be sent into a downward spiral by such language, even when their friends in the group used it.