[lbo-talk] transition

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 3 10:55:39 PDT 2007

> I say no (and I've been to a lot of funerals in the
Black community), you say yes. No doubt, we're both right.

I never heard it until I started working and going to funerals in Harlem. I checked with my husband and he said it was in common use in South Carolina where he was raised. It runs second to "gone to Glory," but I have heard it a lot.

Of the only two white people I have heard use it, one goes to a predominantly black church and the other works in East New York as a social worker. I doubt the expression was invented by a radio station.

Brian