[lbo-talk] Brit general says US/UK should "admit defeat" in Iraq

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Sat May 5 16:31:55 PDT 2007

On 5/6/07, Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 05 May 2007 14:13, Jim Farmelant wrote:
>
> ... There's that famous story about somebody going to
> Lincoln and complaining that Grant drank too much. Lincoln is supposed to
> have replied, Find out what brand he drinks and send a case of it to all my
> generals.

There's a similar story earlier in the UK. http://www.answers.com/topic/james-wolfe

There was a story that when someone in the English Court

branded the young Brigadier mad, King George II retorted,

"Mad, is he? Then I hope he will bite some of my other generals!"

-- Sandy Harris Quanzhou, Fujian, China