[lbo-talk] Brit general says US/UK should "admit defeat"

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 17:03:57 PDT 2007

>From: "Jim Straub" <rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com>
>
>... As it happens, the conservatism of
>the south is abetted and sustained by the open, snobbish disdain shown to
>the south by non-southern ignorant liberals like yourself--- it allows
>southern rightists to mobilize the sense of aggreived dignity against
>'elitist northern liberals' when the economic interests of white
>southerners
>actually lies in taking on southern and northern actual elites.

Whoa! Spare me the vox populi outrage. If the "white southerners" you cite can be so easily deluded, they really are the embodiment of stupidity and richly deserve a double serving of contempt. Americans in general show an abiding inability to tell shit from Shinola politically, but nowhere is this cluelessness more prominently showcased than in the South. If "white southerners" spent more time getting informed about the nation's elites and less time basking in a sense of aggrieved dignity due to the rudeness of non-southern ignorant liberals, I guarantee that their material fortunes would improve *and* they would suffer much less snobbish disdain.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/