[lbo-talk] Brit general says US/UK should "admit defeat"

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Sat May 5 18:59:58 PDT 2007

> If "white
> southerners" spent more time getting informed about the nation's elites
> and
> less time basking in a sense of aggrieved dignity due to the rudeness of
> non-southern ignorant liberals, I guarantee that their material fortunes
> would improve *and* they would suffer much less snobbish disdain.

Perhaps. Also, perhaps if "left ists" spent more time getting informed about the nature and causes of working-class conservatism or political reaction, in the south or any part of the country, an engaging with the actually-existing masses, and less time basking in a sense of haughty superiority and aggreived sorrow their marxist brilliance has yet to penetrate the thick skulls of the poor fool proles it is meant for, I guarantee their political fortunes would improve *and* they would be something other than what they are now- history's losers, the brilliant unappreciated critic / loser of all struggles.

If workers who fail to acquire and advance your radical critique of society are ignoramuses who deserve your scorn, then can you offer me math on what percentage of the US working class you respect? 5%? 10?