[lbo-talk] France looks to new Sarkozy era

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 7 13:30:12 PDT 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 4:21 PM, tfast wrote:

> Problem is the Anglos may just be well into sewers by then
> and we may all get to watch the spectacle of the French and German's
> performing a rearguard defence of neoliberalism. Fortress America
> versus
> Liberal Europe. Get the popcorn.

By the way, this view appears to be spreading on Wall Street - Euroland is finally taking off, and perhaps sustainably, reaping the benefits of the single currency and liberalization, as the U.S. is experiencing a slow patch. It could be fun to watch, but I won't be able to afford Europe at these exchange rates!

Doug