[lbo-talk] Wacko/Sherman (was Re: Brit general says . . . .)

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Tue May 8 00:51:50 PDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> The FAQ was originally written by a snall group of people. Over the
> years it has been more the authorship of one person, who has been very
> open to feedback.
>
> Given my experience with Wikipedia, I'm skeptical that a Wiki could lead
> to a useful, readable FAQ like the current Anarchist FAQ. A wiki would
> only work if you had a group of people with a commitment to work
> together despite their differences in opinion.

It struck me your Wikipedia experiences were extremely unusual. Perhaps owing more to the way you wished to interact with that community. I mean, there's certainly problems with Wikipedia, but the discussion page under your name is far more contentious than many controversial political pages.

But the space of wikis is large. For instance, you can have accounts which restrict access while still allowing a decent level peer review.

That anarchist FAQ was last updated in late 2000. When I look at major anarchist online resources, I tend to think they're ironically non-participatory (relative to many sites I visit), though I usually assume that's due to lack of time and resources.

But if I have time, I'll try the email address and hope it isn't a black hole... (Like the Institute for Anarchist Studies, for instance.)

Tayssir